The pioneer of the vertical scrolling videogame "SPACE MOUSE" now reintroduced in new style!
2016 marks the 35th anniversary of the introduction of Space Mouse, and to commemorate this occasion, Mindware Co., Ltd is releasing a compilation of five games that includes two ports of the original version, two MZ-700-style arrange version, and an NES-style arrange version!
The NES arranged version includes dramatic enhancements similar to our previous release, Cosmic Cavern 3671(Available on Playism!), drawing this fun from the past and adding new and interesting improvements.
- Arranged Version in the style of the NES
- Arranged Version in the style of the MZ-700+PCG
- Arranged Version in the style of the MZ-700
- Port of the PC-8001+PCG version
- Port of the original PC-8001 version
What's Space Mouse?
Space Mouse was first published for the PC-8001 in the October 1981 issue of engineering magazine I/O, where it was very highly rated and eventually ported to a wide range of personal computers of that era. This pioneering work is a very early example of vertical scrolling in a videogame.
In this maze game, you must guide Alice to the top of the building before her oxygen supply runs out and without being caught by the vicious Space Mice! Power-ups allow her to punch through brick walls and send those interstellar vermin flying!
This simple, but deep gameplay still keeps players coming back for more, core qualities common to any classic and hasn’t faded even after 35 years. We hope you will enjoy Space Mouse for many years to come!
- Storage60 MB available space
- Sound CardDirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
- Operating SystemWindows 7 or later
- ProcessorDual-core processor (Intel Dual Core 2.0 GHz or AMD Athlon X2 5200+ 2.6 GHz)
- Memory2 GB RAM
- GraphicsDirectX 9.0c compatible graphic card
- DirectXVersion 9.0c