Survive the Dread!
DreadOut is an indie third person supernatural horror game where you play as Linda, a high school student trapped in an old abandoned town. Equipped with her trusty smart-phone and an SLR camera, she will battle against terrifying encounters and solve mysterious puzzles which will ultimately determine her fate.
Help her overcome the challenges that will stand before her. Survive the Dread!
When twilight fades. Where darkness reigns.
When a group of high school students went astray from a field trip, they came across something totally unexpected. A town long forgotten trapped in a peaceful state of slumber. What they did not realize was what lurks within. And what seemed like an innocent stroll turns into disaster as the secluded town reveals its dark and terrible secrets. The presence of sinister forces from beyond their realm of existence.
It all comes down to Linda. She will experience stirrings of unfamiliar powers, emerging from within her. These new found abilities might just be the only way she can save her own life and those of her friends.
- Explore a haunted environment in an Asian - Indonesian setting.
- Battle against terrifying beings from a supernatural realm.
- Solve mysterious puzzles that block your path.
- Switch between first person and third person view.
- Engage in a thrilling storyline.
- Get access to Linda's unlockable wardrobe
We are a group of people from Bandung, Indonesia who happen to love video games so much, to the point that we decided to make our own indie game.
We especially love horror adventure game series coming from Japan, such as Silent Hill, Haunting ground, Rule of Rose, Forbidden Siren and of course Fatal Frame.
So, it’s natural for players to interpret our game as a love letter to the Fatal Frame series.
Our inspiration also comes from J-Horror masterpieces such as Ju-On, Dark Water, The Ring and many others. Despite all these heavy influences, we wanted to come up with our own brand of horror experience closer to our own culture.
Being from another Asian country. We do share similar horror archetypes with Japan. But we believe there are still plenty of differences in folklore and myths that haven’t been presented in this medium yet.
With this game, we present to You our brew of horror that we hope You will enjoy.
So, get Your trigger happy fingers ready! These ghosts won’t banish themselves.
Digital HappinessDeveloper's Voice
- Operating SystemWindows 7 / 8
- ProcessorIntel Dual-Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz
- Memory2 GB RAM
- GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce 8800GT or AMD Radeon HD 3830 or Intel HD Graphics 4000, 512 MB VRAM
- DirectXVersion 9.0c
- Storage5 GB available space
- Sound CardDirectX Compatible